Signing PDF documents have become a common way of acknowledging a document. In corporate sector, most of the companies prefer to digitally sign the PDF document rather than a physical signature and later scan it before distributing the document.
In this article, I will share 2 step by step guides on how to sign a PDF document digitally with computerized, own signature or any pre-scanned signature.
- Open the PDF file that you want to sign.
- Look out for Sign icon in the toolbar.
- Click on “Add Signature”.
- Type your signature in the box provided.
Or, select the Draw icon for a handwritten signature.
If you have a signature scan copy in any of these formats .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tiff, .tif, .bmp, you can upload and use as signature to sign PDF digitally.
- Click on Apply.
- Place the signature on the PDF wherever required.
- You can drag and change the position of the signature.
Also, hold the corner dot to change the size of the signature.
Click on the delete icon to delete the signature.
- Once the signature is placed, go to File → Save As… and save a copy of your signed pdf document.
Read also: Stop Google tracking your location
- Go to Tools → Fill & Sign.
- Select Fill, sign and send.
- Click where you want to place the digital signature and type the signature.
- Save As the PDF document to have a signed copy.
The first way of signing PDF document digitally is much more flexible and allows you to type your name, sign with your own handwriting and upload a scanned copy of your signature.
I hope, this article has helped you electronically sign a PDF document through Adobe reader.