If your Outlook search is not working or you are not able to search any email by Keyword, From or Subject that means the Windows desktop search is not working or disabled on your computer.
To fix the search issue in any version of outlook, the “Windows Search” service needs to be enabled/started from services.msc panel and the outlook needs to be restarted and that’s it. The search by Keyword, From and Subject options are enabled and any item can be searched now.
The Windows search is responsible for indexing of the outlook items.
Outlook search error:
- Each time a warning message pops up when the outlook is opened.
- From, Subject, Has Attachments search categories are disabled.
Steps to fix the Outlook search issue:
- Open “Run” by pressing Windows + R.
- Type services.msc and click on OK.
- Search for the service Windows Search from the list.
- Right-click on the Windows Search service and go to Properties.
- Under Startup type, select Automatic. Click on OK.
- Again right-click on the Windows Search service and select Start.
- Restart Outlook.
The outlook indexing may take some time to index all items. During this time, you may see a message “Outlook is currently indexing your items”. After the indexing is complete, the search by Keyword, From and Subject options are enabled again.
That’s all you need to do for fixing the outlook indexing issue.
I hope your “Outlook search not working” problem is solved.
Happy learning 🙂