If your Outlook search not working or you are not able to search any email by Keyword, From or Subject that means the Windows desktop search is not working or disabled on your computer.
Outlook search error:
- Each time a warning message pops up when outlook is opened.
- From, Subject, Has Attachments search categories are disabled.
The Windows search is responsible for indexing of the outlook items.
To fix the search issue in outlook, the Windows Search service needs to be enabled/started from services.msc. The outlook needs to be restarted and that’s it. The search by Keyword, From and Subject options are enabled and any item can be searched now.
Here is the step by step process to enable Windows search engine.
- Open “Run” by pressing Windows + R.
- Type services.msc and click on OK.
- Search for the service Windows Search from the list.
- Right click on the Windows Search service and go to Properties.
- Under Startup type, select Automatic. Click on OK.
- Again right click on the Windows Search service and select Start.
- Restart Outlook.
Outlook may take little time to index all items. The search by Keyword, From and Subject options are enabled again.
That’s all you need to do for fixing the outlook search issue.
Hope Outlook search not working issue is fixed. Enjoy 🙂