If you are a developer and using Eclipse, then you will need to show line numbers in Eclipse. This will be really helpful to navigate and debug the code.
There are two ways to display line numbers in Eclipse IDE and these steps work for all versions of Eclipse, be it helios, kepler, neon or any other version.
- Go to Windows → Preferences.
- Under General → Editors → Text Editors, select the checkbox “Show line numbers”.
- Press OK to save the changes.
- Open any source file in the Eclipse IDE.
- Right-click anywhere on the left bar and click on “Show Line Numbers”.
This is how you can show line numbers in the Eclipse editor.
Happy learning :).