If you are a developer and using Eclipse, then you will need to show line numbers in Eclipse. This will be really helpful to navigate and debug the code.
There are two ways to display line numbers in Eclipse IDE and these steps work for all versions of Eclipse, be it Helios, Kepler, Neon, or any other version.
- Go to Windows → Preferences.
- Under General → Editors → Text Editors, select the checkbox “Show line numbers”.
- Press OK to save the changes.
- Open any source file in the Eclipse IDE.
- Right-click anywhere on the left bar and click on “Show Line Numbers”.
This is how you can show line numbers in the Eclipse editor.
Eclipse IDE is widely used among JAVA developers. If you are using Eclipse IDE for the first time, let me tell you this editor is loaded with many advanced features to increase efficiency while coding. Being a professional developer, you need to display line numbers while coding to use Eclipse in a better way.
Showing line numbers in Eclipse IDE makes life of a developer easier to navigate between code snippets.
Happy learning :).