Most of us are aware by now that Google is tracking our location in various ways but what we might not know is, how to stop it from tracking us. While you might know that we can disable location history; but that is not the only way google tracks our locations. It also tracks us through different services that we use like Google searches, maps and other web activities.
Here are the steps to disable tracking completely for your google account, configured on any device, be it Android phone, iPhone or computer:
Steps to disable location tracking and location history:
- Login to your Google account on the device you want to disable the location tracking.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner and navigate to “Manage your Google Account” as shown below.
- Navigate to “Data & Personalization”.
Or you may click on the section “Manage your data & personalization”.
Read also: How to delete Facebook account permanently
- On clicking the Data & Personalization, scroll down to the Activity controls section and turn off or pause the options: Web & App Activity, Location History as shown below:
- You are done with disabling the location tracking and location history on your Google account but you can look through the various options the Google account provides that can be managed by you like deleting your recorded activity, Youtube history, etc.
Click on the “Manage your activity controls” to see various settings that can provide you more privacy.
So, if you do not want to be a targeted object for Google’s services, just go ahead and stop Google from tracking your location.
Happy learning 🙂